The COmpass at LiB
The Compass holds the educational heart of Lightning in a Bottle festival, offering a diverse array of programming to engage the senses, expand the mind, and inspire community action. It is also home to cutting edge music and performance focused on creating uplifting and nourishing shared experience.
The core intention of the Compass is to offer high caliber immersive education while focusing all of the incredible energy generated at LIB by giving people inspiring and accessible ways to carry their experiences out beyond the festival.
- Becoming Activists
- Earth Wisdom Traditions & Skills
- Magic and Ritual Arts
- Cutting Edge Creativity
- Holistic Wellness and Sexuality
- Appropriate Technology
- Paul Stamets, Mushrooms and the Mycology of Consciousness
- Climbing Poetree, Art is a Hammer: Shaping Reality Through Cultural Activism
- Tom Goldtooth, The Roots of the Indigenous Resistance
- Starhawk, Season of the Witch
- Content Partnerships with Bioneers, Planet Experts and Indigenous Environmental Network
Featuring 5 Educational Zones:
BEACON —illuminating our world
keynote presentations from visionaries and leaders across many disciplines and lineages, along with carefully curated music and performance to nourish and inspire.
CROSSROADS—exploring our world
a gateway into global culture thru workshops and performances in music, dance and creativity.
CRAFT—making our world
the place to learn various skills and crafts related to living in harmony with the earth and making beauty.
HAVEN—healing our world
receive bodywork and healing sessions as well as learn about various modalities and practices
FEAST—nourishing our world
awaken the senses thru experiencing the varied delights of food culture
To experience The COMPASS at LIB, Visit www.lightninginabottle.com